[Review]004: HIFU at Lux Medical Aesthetic Clinic - Changing my face shape?


Hello!

As promised, I'm back with another post on the other treatment I've done at Lux Medical Aesthetic Clinic. ^^

It is called High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, also known as HIFU.

Some of you might have heard of this, but let me give you a short overview for those who have no idea what HIFU is.

HIFU is the use of Ultrasound to perform an non-invasion face lift. It penetrates deeply into the SMAS layer, which is deeply into the Dermis and Foundation layer of the skin, without damaging the skin surface.
SMAS Layer


What are the benefits of HIFU?

- It targets deeply into the skin without damaging the surface, hence all skin types are suitable for it.
-It is completely non-invasive, with no downtime, meaning you can go back to your daily activities immediately after the treatment. However, it can result in slight swelling and bruising for a week-or-so, depending on individuals. That said, this swelling usually only visible to yourself.
- It is clinically proven to stimulate collagen, leading to lifting and tightening of the face.
- It can help to burn fats, which is thus helpful in reducing double chin, eyebags, etc.
- The results last between 9-12 months.

When are the results of HIFU available?

It usually takes 3 months to stimulate collagen, hence the best result of the treatment will be 3 months later after it.

What is the brand of HIFU am I doing?

The brand I am doing is by Ultraformer III. It is a new technology that aims to be less painful with better results that last longer.

HIFU Ultraformer III


Okay, that being said, you might be wondering, I am 20 years old, my face have not started sagging (/touchwood), why do I want to do HIFU?

This is because of my chubby cheeks. Take a look this photo:

Squeezable cheeks

I was initially thinking of Botox Jaw to be done to result in a more V-shaped face, however, Dr Kellyn Shiau advised that my jaw muscles are not considered big/strong. It is more of the baby fats at my lower cheeks that results in the squishy-looking face heheheh, especially when I smile, as you can see even when I am expression-less, the fats are prominent.

Hence, she suggested the HIFU treatment, targetting the baby fats.


HIFU Procedure

As picked up from the previous post, I was first place on numbing for 40 minutes for my whole face.

Then it was gel application time, for better gliding of the HIFU machine catridge!

Applying gel


It's time to start the treatment!





Halfway through! Look at the difference between the left and right! (:

Halfway difference!



And then I'm done with HIFU (:


As mentioned, the results of HIFU are not visible instantly.

Here's the before and after photos that I have immediately after ^^


As you can see, the results are showing subtly. Just a note, my face has never lost much fats before. Even when I lost a whole bunch of weight, my face was still squeezable with chipmunk cheeks, especially when I smile, it end up much wider than I will like it to.

3 months down the road, let's see the best and final results!

3 Months Later Results

Official Before and After Results


Hence I am really quite pleased with the results of HIFU. Can you see my newly definied jawline and high cheekbones even without fillers injection? Ahh I am so madly in love!


Once again, if you are interested in Lux Aesthetic Medical Clinic, feel free to check them out here:

Opening hours: Monday - Friday [10.30am - 8pm] Saturday [10.30am - 4pm]
 Sunday &P.H. [10.30am - 4pm] (By appointment only)
Contact numbers: [+65 68159922] (Tel) [+65 88669922] (Whatsapp/SMS)
Email: consult@luxaestheticclinic.com 

Till next time!


xoxo,
Bianca

You Might Also Like

0 comments